ST. GEORGE’S BAY OFFSHORE WIND FARM
The St. George’s Bay offshore wind farm is one of four projects in the Atlantic Canada region under development by the Parties and known collectively as Atlantic Canada Offshore Developments (ACOD).These projects include St. George’s Bay (SGB) in Newfoundland and 3 other projects in Atlantic Canada.
The St. George’s Bay offshore wind farm is a demonstration project with the following key objectives:
- To stimulate economic growth and create clean jobs
- To capitalize on existing skill sets available in the region
- To prove the viability of offshore wind in Atlantic Canada
- To contribute to the region’s objective of reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- To utilize existing infrastructure to support the development of offshore wind